These brownies are perfectly fudgy and sweet (even though they are actually low in sugar) and absolutely delicious. You feel like you're cheating but you aren't!! At only 59 calories a pop, how could you go wrong?
Low Sugar Fudgy Black Bean Oat Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Brownies:
- 3/4 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup cooked or canned black beans
- 7 ounces yellow squash
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated erythritol, or other granulated sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon natural butter flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
For the Optional Topping:
- Powdered erythritol, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F, spray 8x8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Add oats to blender and process until flour-like consistency is reached.
- Add in remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once brownies have cooled, dust with powdered erythritol, if desired.