Who doesn't need an awesome cheese dip at one point or another in their lives? In this particular one, potato, onions, vegetable broth, and spices join together to create the perfect creamy base which you can then top with anything you want! Stick to these traditional queso toppings or go for a fusion dip, up to you!
Loaded Queso Dip [Vegan]
For the Dip:
- 1 large potato
- 1 small onion
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water for 4-6 hours
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
For the Toppings:
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 red onion, cut into small cubes
- 1 green onion, cut into slices
- 1 tomato, cut into cubes
- Avocado, cut into cubes
- Tortilla chips of your choice
- Cook and steam the potato and onion until soft.
- Place all the ingredients for the queso into a blender and blend until smooth, 2-3 minutes. If it's not liquid enough, add a bit more water.
- Add desired toppings and serve with tortilla chips of your choice.
Store in an air tight jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.