This is the perfect soup for potato lovers and has everything we want on a cold, rainy day. It's simple to make, but its flavors are comforting and sophisticated. Plus, this recipe makes a big batch so there will be plenty of leftovers to heat up for an easy meal.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup [Vegan, Gluten-free]
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked
- 1 8-ounce package gluten-free tempeh
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- A dash of liquid smoke
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan cheddar shreds
- Green onion, chopped
- Steam the broccoli and set it aside.
- Wash the potatoes and slice them diagonally into cubes.
- Boil 4 cups water.
- Place the potatoes in the boiling water and boil them for 10-12 minutes to soften them.
- While potatoes are boiling, combine your garlic, cashews, and almond milk in the food processor or a high-powered blender.
- Add half of cooked potatoes and blend them until the mixture is smooth and then repeat this process with the remaining potatoes.
- Add in broccoli and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Dice the tempeh into small pieces
- Heat the sesame oil in sauté pan and pan cook your tempeh pieces on medium or high heat for around 5 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Add Bragg's liquid aminos and liquid smoke to the tempeh.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and cook it with the tempeh for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and let tempeh sit for a few minutes.
- Top the soup with your vegan cheddar shreds, the tempeh crumbles, and the green onion.
- Serve this soup warm.