This is the perfect soup for potato lovers and has everything we want on a cold, rainy day. It's simple to make, but its flavors are comforting and sophisticated. Plus, this recipe makes a big batch so there will be plenty of leftovers to heat up for an easy meal.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup [Vegan, Gluten-free]
Ingredients You Need for Loaded Baked Potato Soup [Vegan, Gluten-free]
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked
- 1 8-ounce package gluten-free tempeh
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- A dash of liquid smoke
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan cheddar shreds
- Green onion, chopped
How to Prepare Loaded Baked Potato Soup [Vegan, Gluten-free]
- Steam the broccoli and set it aside.
- Wash the potatoes and slice them diagonally into cubes.
- Boil 4 cups water.
- Place the potatoes in the boiling water and boil them for 10-12 minutes to soften them.
- While potatoes are boiling, combine your garlic, cashews, and almond milk in the food processor or a high-powered blender.
- Add half of cooked potatoes and blend them until the mixture is smooth and then repeat this process with the remaining potatoes.
- Add in broccoli and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Dice the tempeh into small pieces
- Heat the sesame oil in sauté pan and pan cook your tempeh pieces on medium or high heat for around 5 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Add Bragg's liquid aminos and liquid smoke to the tempeh.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and cook it with the tempeh for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat and let tempeh sit for a few minutes.
- Top the soup with your vegan cheddar shreds, the tempeh crumbles, and the green onion.
- Serve this soup warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.