This is the perfect comfort food for a cold winter night. This hearty soup is made from creamy potatoes, nut milk, and a tantalizing blend of spices and then of course, it's topped with vegan bacon and cheese. And yes, it is as good as it sounds.
Loaded ‘Bacon’ Potato Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 cups of cubed potatoes
- 4 cups of warm water
- 2 vegan bouillon cubes
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
- 2 tablespoons crumbled eggplant bacon
- 3 tablespoons vegan cheese, shredded
- Bread bowl (optional)
- In a large pot, whisk together the warm water, milk, and bouillon cubes until they're dissolved.
- Toss in the potatoes and bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high or medium until the water is just simmering for roughly 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Turn off heat and use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it's smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, wait for the soup to cool slightly before transferring it to your regular blender. Then transfer it back to the pot and warm it up again before proceeding.
- Stir in garlic, thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Separate soup into serving bowls or bread bowl before topping with parsley, vegan bacon, and some shredded vegan cheese.
- Potato Recipes