Linguine with chanterelle mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and freshly chopped parsley is one of those recipes that will surprise you for their simplicity and taste. This dish represents the essence of Italian cooking. Simple, fresh ingredients, for a healthy yet delicious meal. You can throw this wonderful vegan pasta recipe together in under 10 minutes. Just the time to boil the pasta, et voilà!
Linguine with Chanterelle Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 12 ounces linguine pasta
- 11 ounces chanterelle mushrooms - fresh
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes - fresh
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 0.5 teaspoon chili flakes
- 0.8 gallon water (3 liters)
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Start by washing the chanterelle mushrooms and the cherry tomatoes. Then wash and finely chop the parsley. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring the water to boil, then add the coarse sea salt, and then add the linguine pasta. Cook the pasta for the time that says on the package minus 2 minutes. If the package says 10 minutes, you cook it for 8. This is important as we will finish the cooking in the pan later. Give the pasta a stir, and cook it uncovered.
- While the pasta cooks, you should have enough time to prep the sauce. If this is too stressful for you, make the sauce first, then cook the pasta.
- In a large pan, warm up the olive oil, then add thinly sliced garlic to it and sauté on medium heat for 1 minute. Don't let the garlic brown.
- Add the chili flakes, the chanterelle mushrooms (whole), and season with a generous pinch or two of fine sea salt. Let cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes. Cut them in half while you add them in. Stir, and let cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the pasta is ready. Towards the end of this time, add in the finely chopped parsley.
- Save 1 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce. Add about half a cup (or 1 ladle) of pasta water to the pan. Add more if needed. I added 1.5 ladles. The starch in the pasta water will make the sauce creamy.
- Mix everything well while cooking on medium heat for about 1 minute. Don't overcook the pasta as it should be served al dente. Gather everyone to the table and serve the pasta immediately.