Lentil quinoa salad with nutritional yeast dressing. A quick and easy vegan salad that’s packed with flavor. This nutritious salad is made with quinoa, lentils, leafy greens, carrots, cucumbers and a delicious nutritional yeast dressing. Feel free to add different vegetables using what you have on hand!
Lentil Quinoa Salad with Nutritional Yeast Dressing [Vegan]
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 1 can (540ml/19oz) lentils, drained and rinsed
- 4 handfuls leafy greens of choice, spinach, arugula, mixed greens
- 1/2 medium English cucumber, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- Roasted sunflower seeds, for topping (optional)
- Nutritional yeast, for topping (optional)
Nutritional Yeast Dressing
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- Start by cooking the quinoa: Add 1 cup of dry quinoa and 2 cups of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low heat and simmer for 15 minutes, covered until the water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, prepare the nutritional yeast dressing: In a blender or small food processor, add all the dressing ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Drain and rinse the canned lentils. Add the lentils to the saucepan with the cooked quinoa. Top with the dressing and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables. Divide the leafy greens into 4 bowls.
- Divide the lentil quinoa mixture into the 4 prepared bowls. Top with cucumbers, carrots, sunflower seeds and nutritional yeast if desired. Enjoy!