This scrumptious and refreshing potato salad is full of wonderful flavors. Lemon, mint, garlic, pistachio and more combine to create a combination that you won't forget! You'll want to make it again and again.
Lemony Mint Pesto Potato Salad [Vegan]
- 2 pounds baby creamer potatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup packed fresh mint
- 1/3 cup no-shells roasted salted pistachios
- 1 scallion, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon (2 tablespoons juice; divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- Garnishes: Pickled onions, fresh sliced radishes, fresh mint sprigs, and/or additional lemon zest
- Add the potatoes to a large saucepan. Fill with (salted) cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes. Add to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool, about 20 minutes. Then chill in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, add the mint, pistachios, scallion, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, the lemon zest, and salt to a blender or food processor. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped. Add 7 tablespoons of the oil and pulse until desired consistency. (Note: you may prefer some texture in this pesto sauce rather than pureeing until smooth.)
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over the chilled potatoes and gently toss to coat. Add desired amount of the pesto to the potatoes and gently stir until just combined. Adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with pickled onions, fresh sliced radishes, fresh mint sprigs, and/or additional lemon zest, if desired, and serve any remaining pesto on the side.