Something about the sweet lemon and coconut combination just works! And as a bonus – these only take 20 minutes (5 steps) to makes, start to finish, proving that delicious and healthy desserts don’t require extensive time or effort.
Lemony Coconut Bites [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, soaked with 3 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 20 pitted dates
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice approximately 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1-2 tablespoons of shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
Add all ingredients, except shredded coconut and coating ingredients, to food processor. Process until sticky, stopping to scrape down sides of processor as needed. Add shredded coconut (but not coating ingredients) and process until thoroughly combined and a ball forms.
Stir together coating ingredients in a small bowl.
Take 1 tablespoon scoops of dough and roll each scoop in coating. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, pressing each scoop into a flat ball.
Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!