Artichoke can be tricky to take on, but not when you follow this recipe! A whole artichoke is roasted with garlic cloves and fennel adding subtle flavor. This oil-free roasting method substitutes fats with lemon juice, but it also adds a tanginess that's perfect for spring.
Lemon-Roasted Artichoke With Garlic and Fennel [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Lemon-Roasted Artichoke With Garlic and Fennel [Vegan]
- 1 artichoke
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 lemon
How to Prepare Lemon-Roasted Artichoke With Garlic and Fennel [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Holding the artichoke by the stem, cut off 1 1/2-inch from the bottom.
- Cut off the stem.
- Rub the cut parts with the halved lemon to prevent oxidation.
- Place the trimmed artichoke in a small bowl. Gently coax the leaves apart with your hands, being careful to keep everything together and intact.
- Squeeze the rest of the lemon juice from the lemon over and into the artichoke leaves.
- Push the garlic cloves into the leaf spaces.
- Sprinkle the fennel seeds over the artichoke so that they also settle down into the crevices.
- Place the prepared artichoke onto a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil squares. The aluminum foil squares should be big enough to enclose the artichoke thoroughly when gathered together.
- Bake for 1 hour or 1 1/4 hours, for larger artichokes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.