Artichoke can be tricky to take on, but not when you follow this recipe! A whole artichoke is roasted with garlic cloves and fennel adding subtle flavor. This oil-free roasting method substitutes fats with lemon juice, but it also adds a tanginess that's perfect for spring.
Lemon-Roasted Artichoke With Garlic and Fennel [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Lemon-Roasted Artichoke With Garlic and Fennel [Vegan]
- 1 artichoke
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 lemon
How to Prepare Lemon-Roasted Artichoke With Garlic and Fennel [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Holding the artichoke by the stem, cut off 1 1/2-inch from the bottom.
- Cut off the stem.
- Rub the cut parts with the halved lemon to prevent oxidation.
- Place the trimmed artichoke in a small bowl. Gently coax the leaves apart with your hands, being careful to keep everything together and intact.
- Squeeze the rest of the lemon juice from the lemon over and into the artichoke leaves.
- Push the garlic cloves into the leaf spaces.
- Sprinkle the fennel seeds over the artichoke so that they also settle down into the crevices.
- Place the prepared artichoke onto a double layer of heavy-duty aluminum foil squares. The aluminum foil squares should be big enough to enclose the artichoke thoroughly when gathered together.
- Bake for 1 hour or 1 1/4 hours, for larger artichokes.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.