This lemon lavender pound cake is easy, involves minimal ingredients, is perfect for any season, and it will be a lavender lover's dream come true. The pound cake is buttery soft and so packed with citrusy and floral flavors that it doesn’t even need icing! If you’re looking to take your love for lavender to the next level, you’ll love this recipe!
Lemon Lavender Pound Cake [Vegan]
For the Loaf:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegan egg powder (combine with 1/2 cup almond milk)
- 2 tablespoon lemon zest from about 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lavender
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice plus more, as needed
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray an 8x4-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the vegan butter with the sugar until light colored and fluffy. Don't skimp on this process. It should beat about 3 minutes. Add the vegan egg mixture and beat in well after each addition, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together well the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. With mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture mixing between each. Fold in the lavender.
- Scrape into prepared 8x4-inch loaf pan and level batter. Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes then run a knife along the edges to lift and remove from pan. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- If desired, combine the glaze ingredients and top the cooled cake!