This tofu is perfect to make on the weekend and have as a meal-prepped idea for lunch or dinner all week long and it's super easy to make.
Lemon Garlic No-Oil Tofu [Vegan]
- One block of extra firm tofu
- 3 tablespoon of liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- To make the marinade add your aminos, juice of the lemon and minced garlic to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Remove the tofu from the package and drain the water. Dry the tofu off with a paper towel and slice into small cubes. Add the cubes to the marinade and allow to sit for up to 1 hour, tossing to coat often.
- To cook: Heat up a cast iron pan over medium heat. Once hot, using a slotted spoon, add the tofu to the pan. Allow to brown on all sides. Once that step is complete, add the remaining marinade to the pan to infuse into the tofu one last time. Cook for 1 additional minute then remove. Serve immediately or allow to cool and store in an airtight container. Use within 4-6 days.