Sticky and sweet, these Lemon Berry Rice Crispy treats are gonna go fast! They're similar to the name-brand favorite, except these have a burst of lemon and some raspberries that add a nice pop of color and flavor. And guess what? All the parts come together right in your freezer! Easy!
Lemon Berry Rice Crispy Treats [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest from a full lemon
- 2 1/4 cup brown rice crispies
- 1/4 cup lightly crushed freeze-dried raspberries
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown rice syrup, tahini, lemon juice, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Pour in half the rice crisps and start mixing them in. It's easiest if you use your hands. Add in the rest of the rice crisps and mix until they're completely coated and it's one big sticky mixture.
- Line a baking tray or loaf pan with parchment paper. Transfer the rice crispy mixture into the pan and using another piece of parchment paper press firmly into the pan.
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes to firm up.
- Once ready, remove from freezer, cut into 10-12 bars, and serve.
Store in an airtight container the freezer for up to a month.