This Layered Speculoos White Chocolate Cream Parfait, as the name suggests, is made up of 3 different layers: White chocolate cream, hot vanilla cherry compote, and speculoos cookie crumble. Perfection in its simplest forms!
Layered Speculoos White Chocolate Cream Parfait [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Speculoos Cookie:
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/8 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon speculoos/gingerbread spice (make your own blend if you can't find it)
- 1/8 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 cup plant-based milk
For the White Chocolate Cream:
- 1 can coconut cream (only the firm part)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1/2 bar vegan white chocolate, melted
For the Cherry Vanilla Layer:
- 1 cup cooked unsweetened cherries
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp corn starch
For the Date Speculoos caramel:
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon speculoos/gingerbread spice
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- Place the dry ingredients into a sieve that sits on top of a bowl and sift until all the flour is inside the bowl. Whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, add all the remaining wet ingredients and mix together.
- Slowly add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix together until you have a smooth batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and slightly grease a muffin silicone tray.
- Add about a heaping tablespoon into each mould until all the batter is gone.
- Place them in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Once done, remove from the moulds and set aside.
- Once cold, crumble the cookies into small pieces and set aside.
- For the cream, scoop out the firm part of the coconut cream and place into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk together. place into the fridge to chill.
- For the cherry layer, add the frozen cherries into a pan and heat until the cherries are melting. Add the vanilla extract and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes until cooked. Finally add the cornstarch (dissolved in cold water) and whisk together until you get a thickened cherry sauce. Take off the heat and place aside.
- Finally, add the date caramel ingredients to a high speed blender and mix until you get a smooth caramel mixture. Assemble the parfaits as you choose, depending on your preference and size of your serving glasses.