This oatmeal has a kick of caffeine, lavender and surprisingly - pumpkin! The three blend together to produce a rich, creamy, filling and very delicious oatmeal. Great way to start your day!
Lavender Latte Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup quick-cook steel cut oats
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender (culinary grade)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree or 1/3 cup grated zucchini (can omit)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or another sweetener)
- pinch of salt
- Add milk and lavender to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add oats, and reduce heat to simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add pumpkin puree (or zucchini), vanilla extract, coffee granules, maple or other sweetener, and salt. Stir until puree is evenly distributed.
- When you’re pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Top with desired toppings: steamed milk, nuts, coconut, etc.