These simple Korean tempeh lettuce wraps are a healthy and delicious dish you can make as an appetizer or entrée. The addition of rice could take it from appetizer to entrée if you’re so inclined. If you want to get out of that heavy-holiday-food mode, give these wraps a try
Korean Tempeh Lettuce Wraps [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Pickled Onions and Radishes:
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
For the Tempeh:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 8-ounce package tempeh, crumbled
For the Sriracha Mayo:
- Bring vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to a boil in small saucepan. Lower heat and simmer until salt and sugar dissolve. Mix with radishes and onions in bowl and cool for 15 minutes. Chill for 45 minutes.
- Combine tempeh ingredients in medium bowl and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in skillet and add tempeh. Sauté until cooked thoroughly, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Mix vegan mayo and Sriracha.
- Assemble wraps by laying out lettuce leaves and topping with rice, tempeh, pickled onions and radishes, Sriracha mayo, and cilantro.