Sometimes getting kids to eat veggies can be a bit difficult, but it's important to make sure they get all of the nutrients that they need. That's why these vegan hashbrowns are amazing. They're a kid-favorite and disguise the cauliflower so well! This recipe for cauliflower hashbrowns might even be your child's new favorite breakfast!
Kid-Friendly Cauliflower Hash Browns [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cauliflower head, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoon potato starch or cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 400°F. Put cauliflower and onion in the food processor until you have a granular mixture. Transfer mixture into a large bowl.
- In a large bowl, add flour, potato starch or cornstarch, onion powder, salt, and stir until all the flour has been well incorporated.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and brush with olive oil.
- Shape your patties into little balls and flatten them to make circles that are about 4 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick.
- Brush patties with remaining olive oil
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning after 25 min. If using a convection oven, reduce time to 30 minutes, turning at about 20.