Not sure about what to take to work for lunch, so that you can actually feel satisfied, energetic, and happy and avoid that post-lunch energy slump? This 3 delicious vegan Kale Caesar Salad With Oil-Free Croutons will be your new favorite! It is easy to make pack in a container and take with you to work. Plus, it tastes so good that you won't get sick of it! The dressing takes minutes to blend up. Then just add it to the kale with the croutons and you're good to go! What is great about kale is that the longer it is mixed with dressing, the softer it gets, the more delicious it tastes. If you find kale to be bitter, you may still love this vegan Kale Caesar Salad With Oil-Free Croutons because of the taste change of massaged kale.
Kale Caesar Salad With Oil-Free Croutons [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Salad:
- 1 bunch of curly kale or about 4-7 cups of roughly chopped curly kale
- Black pepper
For the Caesar dressing:
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 tablespoon Tamari
For the Croutons
- 3 non-GMO corn tortilla chips
For the Oil-Free Croutons:
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut your tortillas into medium-sized pieces (the same doesn't matter, this is just so that it's easy to tear up later).
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 10 minutes, then broil on high for another 3 minutes, watching that they don't burn.
- They should be crispy and golden brown when they are ready.
For the Vegan Caesar Dressing:
- Blend in a high speed blender until completely smooth.
For the Salad:
- Tear kale off of the stems, and roughly chop. Use a tiny pinch of sea salt to massage the kale vigorously, until it starts to release some liquid and turns brighter green (about 5 minutes).
- Add kale leaves to a bowl, top with the dressing, and tear up some croutons on top. Top with ground black pepper.
- Nutritional Yeast / Nooch