This simple dish is the perfect fall salad. Massaged kale is paired with earthy beets with crunchy pecans and then topped with a homemade ginger dressing. Serve this light salad with soup, grains, or make a big batch to bring along to holiday potlucks.
Kale, Beet, and Pecan Salad With Ginger Dressing [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Kale, Beet, and Pecan Salad With Ginger Dressing [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Salad:
- 1 head of kale, washed and finely chopped
- 3 beets, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup pecans
For the Ginger Dressing:
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Kale, Beet, and Pecan Salad With Ginger Dressing [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Prepare the dressing by whisking everything together at the bottom of a big bowl.
- Add the kale and massage the dressing into the kale to soften it up, roughly 2 minutes
- Add the beets and pecans, toss, and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.