This simple dish is the perfect fall salad. Massaged kale is paired with earthy beets with crunchy pecans and then topped with a homemade ginger dressing. Serve this light salad with soup, grains, or make a big batch to bring along to holiday potlucks.
Kale, Beet, and Pecan Salad With Ginger Dressing [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Salad:
- 1 head of kale, washed and finely chopped
- 3 beets, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup pecans
For the Ginger Dressing:
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing by whisking everything together at the bottom of a big bowl.
- Add the kale and massage the dressing into the kale to soften it up, roughly 2 minutes
- Add the beets and pecans, toss, and serve.