This is a recipe that even your non-vegan friends will love. It will take about 5 minutes to prepare and then your slow cooker will do the rest. Delicious and simple? There's a whole lot to love in this dish!
Japanese-Style Slow Cooker Tofu [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- 1/4 cup tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp agave
- 2 tbsp organic peanut butter
- 2 small packages (or 1 pound) extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Combine the miso, tamari, sesame oil, peanut butter,water and honey in a medium size bowl.
- Carefully coat each slice of tofu in the sauce and lay it in the slow cooker
- Pour the sauce over top of the tofu.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours, or until the tofu is hot all the way through.
- Just before serving, add the spinach to the slow cooker, cover and cook for about 10min.
- Carefully remove the spinach and slices of tofu from slow cooker and place few slices on plates.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and green onion.