These chewy cornflake cookies are absolutely delicious and incredibly addictive. If you make these, they'll disappear in minutes. FODMAP fact: While high-fructose corn syrup is high-FODMAP, regular corn syrup is safe for the low-FODMAP diet.
Intensely Addictive Cornflake Cookies with Chocolate Chips [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (120 g) creamy salted almond butter (if using unsalted, add 1/4 teaspoon salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (56 g) low-FODMAP cornflakes
- 1/2 cup (75 g) semisweet dairy-free chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and almond butter.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until just beginning to boil, making sure the sugar doesn’t burn. As soon as the mixture begins to boil, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, salt (if using unsalted almond butter), and cornflakes.
- Stir by hand with a large spoon until the cornflakes are evenly coated in the almond butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips and stir (they will melt).
- Use a small ice cream scoop to drop cookies onto the prepared baking sheet before the mixture starts to harden. Let cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator before eating. Store in a sealed container at room temperature.