Tired of ordinary, plain burger patties? Then you must give these well spiced Indian lentil burgers a try! Each patty has a good blast of protein from the lentils and a great earthy sweetness from the beet. Packed with herbs and spices, it’s definitely a meat-free meal that will be asked for over and over.
Indian Lentil Burgers With Dill Yogurt Sauce [Vegan, Grain-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Indian Lentil Burgers With Dill Yogurt Sauce [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 1 large red beet
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked lentils
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive/coconut oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup of vegan yogurt
- 2 teaspoon dill
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave or other natural sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How To Make Indian Lentil Burgers With Dill Yogurt Sauce [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- Peel and roughly chop the beet. Place into a food processor and pulse until it’s in small pieces.
- Add the lentils, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, dill, salt, and garlic. Pulse again until the mixture becomes quite coarse and holds together.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Form burger shapes of the beet/lentil mixture and place on the hot skillet. Use wet hands to make this shaping process easier. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Next, flip over to the other side and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the burger is golden and heated throughout.
- Serve the burgers in buns with shredded greens, sliced tomatoes and avocado, and the lemon dill sauce.
Total Calories: 951 | Total Carbs: 79 g | Total Fat: 57 g | Total Protein: 34 g | Total Sodium: 3424 g | Total Sugar: 18 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile