I have a really good Vegan Cornbread recipe that I make for my family, but am unable to enjoy because it uses all-purpose flour and isn’t gluten-free. I was inspired by a Facebook friend to make a gluten-free version and am happy to say I have just enjoyed the first piece of cornbread I’ve had in a long time! This one is softer and lighter in texture and a seemed a tad bit dry to me compared to my other recipe, but maybe that’s expected with a gluten-free version? But, I can’t eat the other version, so I’m fine with it. I actually liked mine plain, but after I drizzled a little maple syrup over it, it was even better. Also, try my Vegan Pumpkin Cornbread recipe!
How to Make Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Cornbread
Ingredients You Need for How to Make Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Cornbread
- 1 cup organic non-GMO cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten-free blend (I used Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Baking Flour)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (non-aluminum)
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds + 2 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
- 1/4 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
How to Prepare How to Make Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Cornbread
- Put all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined (avoid over mixing).
- Pour mixture into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 - 25 minutes or until golden on top.
- Cool for 10 - 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from: https://www.loveandlemons.com/2012/11/15/poblano-cornbread-stuffing/
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.