This cold Thai-inspired noodle salad makes a bright and healthy side dish or a dinner for a small family. It's all about the combination of textures and flavors — there's tangy lime, crisp vegetables, salty tamari, zesty cilantro, crunchy peanuts, and chili peppers for heat. These noodles will be your new go-to. Take it to work for lunch, take it to cookouts, make it for your family. Trust us – you’ll knock their socks off with this one.
15-Minute Hot and Sour Thai Noodles [Vegan]
- 2 vine tomatoes, sliced and seeded
- 2 bell peppers, julienned
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, packed
- 4 green chilis
- Juice of 3 limes, about 1/2 cup
- 3-4 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 14 ounces rice noodles
- Prepare vegetable ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook rice noodles for 4-5 minutes, until they reach desired consistency. Drain the noodles. Rinse in a bowl of cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, cilantro, lime juice, chilies, sugar, and peanuts.