Seasoning mixes are so nice to have on hand for quickly flavoring a dish, but the kinds you buy at the store are teeming with refined sugar, salt, and maybe even preservatives, artificial colors, or textural additives. The only way to be truly certain of what is in your seasoning is by making it yourself! Use this jerk seasoning as a flavor crust on veggie burgers, sprinkle it over grains and vegetables, or maybe even use it in salads and slaws.
Homemade Jerk Seasoning [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
Use immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.