Next time you need sour cream, instead of buying one, try whipping up this Coconut Sour Cream. It's easy and delicious. Enjoy!
Homemade Coconut Sour Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Homemade Coconut Sour Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can coconut milk, chilled
- ¼ cup non-dairy milk (optional)
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- ½ – 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
How to Prepare Homemade Coconut Sour Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Refrigerate the can of coconut milk for at least one hour. If you are in a big rush, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. Open the can and transfer the thin liquid milk part into a bowl. You can keep this for smoothies or other uses. The cream that’s left is what you want. Transfer the thick coconut cream into a bowl. If you want to lessen the coconut flavor a bit, add ¼ cup of any non-dairy milk. I like cashew milk because it’s very creamy.
- Add the lemon juice and the vinegar, a little at a time. Mix it well and taste to see if there is enough acid for you. If not, add more little by little. Mix in the oil and add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Mix well and refrigerate for another 30 minutes until it sets. Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 768 | Total Carbs: 12 g | Total Fat: 78 g | Total Protein: 0 g | Total Sodium: 132 mg | Total Sugar: 6 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.