'Tis the season to be jolly, and you better bet this pie will knock those holly jolly socks right off! We've got exciting news for you; you can turn the soaked fruits from your holiday sangria into this scrumptious dessert. The crust is simple and made with only 4 ingredients! Now, you don’t have to soak all your fruit in liquor prior to making this pie, but it could make for a lot more holly and jolly.
Holly Jolly Sangria Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Holly Jolly Sangria Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Filling:
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 green apples, diced
- 2 red apples, diced
- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 3-4 tablespoons arrowroot starch/flour
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2-2 cups sugar (per your preference add more sugar if desired)
For the Pie Crust:
- 3 cups flour (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 cup vegetable shortening/vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons ice water
How to Prepare Holly Jolly Sangria Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Cut all your fruit and add it to a saucepan. Add the sugar and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes stirring frequently. Let it cool while you make the crust.
- Make your pie crust by mixing all the crust ingredients in your food processor until a dough forms. Divide the dough in half, and press half of the dough into your pie plate.
- Pour the filling into your food processor/blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you could keep the fruit whole.
- Use the other half of the dough to lay on top, lattice, or make a fun design!
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Total Calories: 5334 | Total Carbs: 823 g | Total Fat: 203 g | Total Protein: 52 g | Total Sodium: 550 g | Total Sugar: 537 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.