M.A.L.T., mushroom, avocado, lettuce, tomato, is a vegan version of a classic sandwich-so simple but so delicious! Roasted mushrooms add a meatiness to this dish and have a succulent, earthy flavor. The spicy and slightly creamy aioli that goes on it is honestly what ties this whole thing together! Plus, this sandwich packs in 30 grams of protein per serving!
High-Protein Mushroom Sandwich With Spicy Aioli [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for High-Protein Mushroom Sandwich With Spicy Aioli [Vegan]
Makes 2 Sandwiches
To Make the Spicy Mayo:
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Pinch salt
To Make the Sandwich:
- 8 large trumpet or king oyster mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, cut into thick slices
- 1 small head of romaine or butter lettuce
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 6 pickles
- 4 pieces of whole wheat bread, toasted
How to Prepare High-Protein Mushroom Sandwich With Spicy Aioli [Vegan]
- In a small bowl, mix the mayo, spicy, and salt until smooth. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice the mushrooms lengthwise and toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place mushrooms on a sheet pan and place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Roast until tender. Remove from oven and set aside until ready to use.
- Take the toasted bread and spread some of the spicy aioli onto each slice.
- Arrange 1/2 the avocado and mushrooms onto one side of the bread.
- Top with 2-3 slices of the tomato, 2-3 pieces of lettuce, and 1 or 2 pickles.
- Put the final piece of bread on top to finish the sandwich.
- Cut in half and hold in place with sandwich picks if desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 680 | Carbs: 74 g | Fat: 36 g | Protein: 30 g | Sodium: 1,390 mg | Sugar: 20 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.