To enjoy ahead of time, massage the kale and add everything but the nutritional yeast/parmesan and nuts. When ready to serve, add the final touches and toss.
Herb and Garlic Massaged Kale Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 head of Tuscan kale, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of fresh dill (or your other favorite herb) roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds and nuts finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Prepare your mise en place: have all of your prepped ingredients on hand before you begin making the salad.
- In a large bowl, add the kale, olive oil, and salt. Use your hands to massage the oil and salt into the kale, breaking down the fibers and turning it silky smooth and dark.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over. Add the garlic, nuts, and seeds, nutritional yeast and cracked black pepper. Use your hands to toss really well to coat everything.
- Taste and add more salt, lemon, or nutritional yeast as needed.