This is a delicious, soft cookie. I love the texture of the hemp seeds and the tang of the cherries and the crunch of the cacao nibs. They also freeze beautifully – which helps prevent you from eating all 18 in one sitting.
Hemp Seed, Oat, Cacao Nib, and Dried Cherry Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 tbsp. egg replacer + 3 tbsp. water (whisk together until frothy and set aside for a few minutes)
- 1/2 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup regular oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. powdered stevia
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup dried, tart cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the oats in a food processor and pulse a few times to break them down. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream the “butter” and maple sugar. Add the mashed banana, vanilla and egg replacer, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, whole wheat pastry flour, hemp seeds, salt, stevia and baking soda. Mix in the butter mixture and then add the cacao nibs and dried cherries.
- It helps to use wet hands – scoop up the dough into walnut-sized balls and place on the baking sheets. Gently press down to flatten the cookies. Bake for 12-14 minutes, rotating pans halfway through. Let cookies rest on pans for a few minutes before transferring to cooling racks.