This dreamy, heavenly apple tart will have your kitchen smelling wonderful and your taste buds celebrating! Sweet, refreshing apples are the star of this lovely dessert.
Heavenly Apple Tart [Vegan]
- 1 1/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg substitute
- 1/4 cup vegan sugar
- 1/3 cup softened vegan butter
- 3 1/2 pounds apples
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Mix the spelt flour, salt, baking powder, and egg substitute. Mix in 2 tablespoons of the sugar, then knead in the butter. Let the dough rest for about 20 minutes.
- Grease a 10-inch tart mold. Peel and core the apples, cut in half and slice but do not go all the way through - keep the apple halves intact.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the dough and place into the tart tin.
- Mix the remaining sugar, cornstarch and cream in a bowl. Pour over the apples and bake until golden brown(about 50 - 60 minutes).
- The baking time can vary depending on dough thickness and type of apple.
- Optional: just before the end of the baking time, spread a sugar/cinnamon mixture over the apples.