This delicious salad is loaded with superfoods and hearty enough to satisfy even the biggest appetites! With all of these amazing health benefits, this is the perfect time to be eating this salad regularly! It’s your body’s first defense against cold and flu season.
Hearty Superfood Salad With Arugula, Kale, and Beets [Vegan]
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 large beets peeled and cubed
- 1 head of kale, ripped into tiny pieces
- 2 large handfuls of baby arugula
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 a bag of frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 teaspoon pine nuts
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- For the quinoa: In a pot over medium heat, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add quinoa and a dash of sea salt and cook covered until all the moisture is absorbed about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered.
- For the roasted beets and sweet potatoes: Place veggies in a ziplock bag and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil. Seal the bag and shake ingredients until veggies are fully coated. Spread evenly onto a baking sheet lined with foil and roast for 35 to 40 minutes. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to flip your veggies about halfway through. Cook until vegetables are cooked through and slightly browned.
- Assembly: Layer all your ingredients in a large bowl and toss with fresh cracked pepper and a dash of your favorite vinaigrette dressing.
- Be prepared to lose your mind at how tasty this salad is. It is really, really, really good and it's LOADED with SO MUCH amazing nutrition! You may want to double the recipe so you have lots of leftovers like I did; I've been eating this for lunch and dinner for the last three days! I just can't get enough!!