Remember Dippin' Dots? The little ice cream spheres were a mainstay at amusement parks across America. Sadly, they're full of sketchy ingredients like yellow #5, red #40, and high fructose corn syrup. Gross, right? Here's a raw, vegan version that tastes exactly like the Banana Split Dippin' Dots you remember from your childhood – but with none of those crazy additives!
Healthy Banana Split Dippin’ Dots [Vegan]
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 fresh bananas
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries, preferably organic
- 1/2-1 tablespoon raw cacao powder*
- If you don't already have frozen bananas and strawberries, cut up and freeze 2 bananas and the strawberries the night before.
- Place the other 2 fresh bananas and the cacao powder into a food processor or small blender and process until smooth. Pour into a bowl or jar and freeze overnight.
- Into your food processor, place in the 2 plain frozen bananas. Pulse until broken and crumbly, like Dippin' Dots. Place into a large bowl and place into the freezer as you make the next flavor. Do the same with the strawberries, and then with the chocolate bananas.
- After placing all of three into the freezer either the same or separate bowls, freeze for about 30 minutes to one hour. This will allow for each individual piece to harden up to get the authentic Dippin' Dots feel.
- Combine all three into a large bowl if separated and dig in!
*Feel free to substitute cocoa or carob powder.