This recipe is a mish-mash of several cheesecake recipes because there's so many ways to enjoy cheesecake, why not put everything together. The chocolate topping will be a big hit with kids.
Hazelnut Pumpkin Cheesecake [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sweet tofu ricotta (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons egg replacer powder, plus 6 tablespoon water, whisk and set aside
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the the Chocolate-Hazelnut Topping:
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skins mostly removed and chopped
- 1 1.15-ounce packet chocolate hazelnut butter
For the the Sweet Tofu Ricotta:
- 1 14-ounce package firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1-2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/4 cup cashews, finely ground
- A pinch of salt
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Place cream cheese and ricotta in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Add the maple sugar, vanilla, egg replacer mixture, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. Beat until very smooth. Stir in the pumpkin puree.
- Pour the batter over the top of the cooled shortbread. Bake for 1 hour or until the center of the cheesecake barely moves when touched. Remove from oven and run a knife around the edge. Cool on a wire rack then cover and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan and place on a plate (if you’re really skilled, remove the bottom part of the pan, too.) In a small saucepan melt the chocolate chips, the nut butter, and coconut oil. Pour over the cheesecake and chill ‘cake again until the chocolate sets.
To Make the Sweet Tofu Ricotta:
- In a large bowl, combine the agave nectar, miso, vinegar, nutritional yeast, salt and almond milk. Crumble the tofu into the bowl and add the cashews. Stir until everything is well-combined. Use immediately or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.