These hazelnut crusted portobello mushrooms are actually super easy and low-stress, but look like they took hours to make or were super complicated. They are decadent and indulgent and oh-so-interesting… and they take almost no time at all to make! While they make an excellent entree [no meat here, thanks!], they would also be perfect as little hors d’oeuvres.
Hazelnut Crusted Portobello Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Hazelnut Crusted Portobello Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp cooking sherry
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp brown rice miso paste
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp grainy dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 portobello mushrooms, stalks removed and sliced into 1/2" slabs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup crushed hazelnuts
How to Prepare Hazelnut Crusted Portobello Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Whisk together vinegar, sherry, tamari, miso paste, oil, dijon, pepper, yeast and almond flour. Pour into a large reusable container with a lid and place portobellos in. Give it a few gentle shakes to coat. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place crushed hazelnuts in a shallow dish. Remove mushrooms from marinade and dip them one at a time into the hazelnuts. Coat well.
- Transfer mushrooms to a large baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Turn over and bake another 12 minutes until nuts are toasted and mushrooms are cooked.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.