Not sure what to do with those zucchini siting in your refrigerator? Try these grilled zucchini with herbed bread crumbs! This recipe is easy — light brushing of fruity olive oil, a quick grill in a pan, and a sprinkling of herbed bread crumbs. Serve them as a part of dinner or at your next cookout.
Grilled Zucchini With Herbed Crumbs [Vegan]
For the Zucchini:
- 6 baby zucchini
- Olive oil
For the Herbed Crumbs:
- 2 cups vegan bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
To Make the Zucchini:
- Cut each zucchini in half vertically. Brush zucchini with olive oil on both sides.
- Brush a grill pan with olive oil and place over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot add the zucchini cut side down in one layer and cook, shaking the pan gently a few times, until the cut side is golden brown.
- Turn the zucchini over and cook on the other side only until it’s just cooked. You can test by inserting a knife into the zucchini to see if it's soft and cooked through. When it is done, remove from heat, transfer the zucchini to a serving platter, and keep warm.
To make the Herbed Crumbs:
- Add the oil to a small skillet and heat.
- Add the bread crumbs and toast them, stirring to moisten them all with the oil.
- Add the thyme and parsley. It is ready when the crumbs are toasted and are turning golden.
- Divide the zucchini among the serving plate or a platter.
- Sprinkle the crumbs generously over the zucchini.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel or another good-quality coarse sea salt and serve warm.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1134 | Total Carbs: 162 g | Total Fat: 40 g | Total Protein: 34 g | Total Sodium: 2662 g | Total Sugar: 16 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile