These grilled vegetable and tofu wraps make a great lunch or light dinner because they’re super tasty and easy to put together. Have them on their own or serve them with a side salad or soup.
Grilled Vegetable and Tofu Wrap [Vegan]
For the Marinated Tofu:
- 1 10 ounces block of organic extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch salt and pepper
For the Wrap:
- 1 red pepper (or jarred roasted red peppers)
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 8 teaspoons vegan mayo
- 4 small wraps
- Sprouts (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
For the Marinated Tofu:
- Mix marinade ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Place tofu in the dish and coat with marinade.
- Let sit for 30 minutes, flip over, and let sit for another 30 minutes on the other side.
- Remove tofu from marinade and grill on a pre-heated grill pan for about 7 minutes on each side.
- Remove to a cutting board and slice into 8 equal pieces. Set aside.
For the Roasted Red Pepper:
- While tofu is marinating, place the red pepper on a baking tray and broil for a total of 30 minutes, rotating it twice at 10 minutes and 20 minutes to ensure even broiling.
- Remove the pepper from the oven and let cool.
- Peel the skin from the pepper. Pull out the stem and open the pepper up. Remove the seeds and dry the pepper in some paper towel or using a dish towel, to remove excess moisture.
- Slice the roasted red pepper and split into 4 equal portions.
For the Roasted Onion Slices:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel the onion and slice width-wise into circles about 1/2 inch thick.
- Lay each onion slice flat on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and brush with a little olive oil on both sides. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Separate rings into 4 equal portions and set aside.
For the Assembly:
- Spread 2 teaspoons of mayo on each wrap. You can sub with any other spread that you enjoy such as hummus or pesto.
- Spread an even number of leaves of baby spinach down one side of the wrap (about 8), leaving about 2 inches of space to be folded over.
- Layer red pepper, onions, 2 slices of tofu, sprouts, and hot sauce, leaving some space at the bottom of the wrap to be folded.
- Fold up the bottom of the wrap and roll up the wrap with the seam side down.
- These wraps can be heated on a grill if desired.