Who doesn't love a nice green smoothie to reboot and recharge? This one is 100% refreshing and healthy!
Green Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup raw almonds with skins, softened
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger root with skin, chopped in small bits
- Water (just enough to cover the ingredients, about 2 cups or a little more)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Option: Infuse with fresh mint leaves and/or add extra ice cubes to your portion for freshness.
- Put your almonds in a small bowl of water with a lid on and heat up in microwave on high heat for 3 minutes. Remove, strain the hot water and rinse out the almonds with cold tap water to cool them.
- Add the softened almonds to your blender bowl along with all the other ingredients above except the mint leaves. Whiz gradually increasing to high until creamy. Serve.
- Can infuse with mint leaves and/or add ice cubes to your portion. Store leftover smoothie in sealed glass bottle for one day in fridge.