Who doesn't love a nice green smoothie to reboot and recharge? This one is 100% refreshing and healthy!
Green Smoothie [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Green Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup raw almonds with skins, softened
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger root with skin, chopped in small bits
- Water (just enough to cover the ingredients, about 2 cups or a little more)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Option: Infuse with fresh mint leaves and/or add extra ice cubes to your portion for freshness.
How to Prepare Green Smoothie [Vegan]
- Put your almonds in a small bowl of water with a lid on and heat up in microwave on high heat for 3 minutes. Remove, strain the hot water and rinse out the almonds with cold tap water to cool them.
- Add the softened almonds to your blender bowl along with all the other ingredients above except the mint leaves. Whiz gradually increasing to high until creamy. Serve.
- Can infuse with mint leaves and/or add ice cubes to your portion. Store leftover smoothie in sealed glass bottle for one day in fridge.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.