I made this milk for those who do not like green juice (I have yet to be sold on it!) but I do love green milk! It tastes just like my Homemade Vanilla Almond Milk but with all the green juice goodness. The milk is completely raw, vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free since it is sweetened with dates! So if you are not a fan of straight green juice this milk is a great alternative.
Green Monster Milk [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 5 cups water (not the soaking water)
- 3 large collard green leaves, destemmed and chopped
- 4 green kale leaves, destemmed and chopped
- 6 pitted Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Place almonds in a large bowl and fill with water, enough to completely submerge the nuts. Soak for 2-8 hours.
- Drain and rinse the soaked almonds.
- Add the almonds, fresh water, greens and dates to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until all the nuts are blended. Turn up to turbo and blend for 1 minute.
- Set the nut milk bag in a deep large bowl. Pour the blender contents into the bag. A lot of the milk will pour through the bag without effort.
- Slowly lift the bag from the top of the bag and with the other hand gently squeeze the bottom of the bag. Be sure not to squeeze too hard or the pulp can shoot out at you! It took about 5-6 squeezes to get all the milk out.
- Set the bag with the pulp aside.
- Rinse out the blender and add the milk back in.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for 30 seconds to combine.
- Best served chilled. The milk will separate but just give it a good shake or stir before drinking.
Save the pulp for smoothies! Adding more greens and lots of fiber! This green milk doesn't last long in the fridge. Advice: I filled my mason jar right up to the very top and sealed. Oxidization will turns your lovely green milk an ugly color. Best consumed within 2 days and serve very cold.