Are you looking for a new way to get in your greens? Try out this wonderful couscous salad!
Green Goddess and Herbed Couscous Bowl [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Green Goddess and Herbed Couscous Bowl [Vegan]
For the Herbed Couscous:
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Avocado Microgreen Salad:
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup microgreens or sprouts
- 1.5 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
How to Prepare Green Goddess and Herbed Couscous Bowl [Vegan]
For the Herbed CousCous:
- In a small pot bring salted water to a boil.
- Add olive oil & stir in couscous
- Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer couscous to a large mixing bowl. Add the cilantro, basil, parsley, and mint, and toss to coat. Generously season with sea salt and black pepper.
For the Avocado-Sprout Salad:
- In a medium mixing bowl, gently toss the avocado, microgreens, hemp seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, and tamari until coated.
- Divide the herbed couscous and avocado-sprout salad between bowls. Enjoy immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.