Are you looking for a new way to get in your greens? Try out this wonderful couscous salad!
Green Goddess and Herbed Couscous Bowl [Vegan]
For the Herbed Couscous:
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Avocado Microgreen Salad:
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup microgreens or sprouts
- 1.5 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
For the Herbed CousCous:
- In a small pot bring salted water to a boil.
- Add olive oil & stir in couscous
- Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer couscous to a large mixing bowl. Add the cilantro, basil, parsley, and mint, and toss to coat. Generously season with sea salt and black pepper.
For the Avocado-Sprout Salad:
- In a medium mixing bowl, gently toss the avocado, microgreens, hemp seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, and tamari until coated.
- Divide the herbed couscous and avocado-sprout salad between bowls. Enjoy immediately.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile