Grain-Free Everything Bagels [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
12 small bagels
- 3 1/2 cups super fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons bagel seasoning* (plus more for topping)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 cup warm filtered water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- avocado oil, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a doughnut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the almond flour, tapioca flour, bagel seasoning, sunflower seeds, and baking powder until there are no clumps.
- Add in the filtered water, lemon juice, and maple syrup and mix well to combine. The dough should be thick and spreadable.
- Sprinkle some bagel seasoning and sunflower seeds in the cavity of each donut-shape on the donut pan to ensure the bottom of the bagels are seasoned. Next, scoop heaping Tablespoons of the batter into each crevice. Spread with damp fingers or a spatula to evenly distribute the batter. For 6 bigger bagels, heap the dough over the edge of the pan. For 12 smaller bagels, spread dough until just flush with the pan.
- Bake times will vary based on your chosen size of bagels. For large bagels, bake for 25-30 minutes. For smaller bagels, bake 20 minutes. Remove bagels from oven at the halfway point and brush the top with avocado oil and a sprinkle more of everything bagel seasoning, as desired. Bagels are done when golden brown on top and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and cool before slicing and serving.
- Store leftover bagels in the refrigerator for 1 week or freeze for up to a month.
If you don’t have bagel seasoning, you can make your own by mixing together 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, 2 tablespoons white and black sesame seeds, 2 tablespoons granulated or minced dehydrated onion, 2 tablespoons granulated garlic, and 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt.