What’s fab about these cookies, is everything. They are quick, easy, affordable, packed with fiber and protein making them more filling, they can easily be made in bulk, are perf for any season, are gluten free with the use of gluten free oats, hold together, packed with chocolate chips, and you could never tell there is even oats in them!
Gluten-Free Oat Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt!
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut or cane sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegan Egg Powder combined with 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the oat flour simply add about 2 cups of oats to a blender and blend until flour like.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients: melt coconut oil, coconut sugar/cane sugar, vegan eggs, and vanilla.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined about 10 seconds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.Cover the bowl of cookie dough.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes in the fridge.Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. With your hands flatten and form the cookies. Cookies will spread, but not excessively.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. For larger sized cookies I'd recommend 20 minutes.
- Allow cookies to fully cool on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.