Cast iron skillets are great to use for a variety of dishes, but not all of them are savory. A skillet is more than ideal for a cookie as it cooks faster, softer, and is less mess altogether! If you love cookies, marshmallows, or simply the fluffernutter concept all around, then you need to make this giant cookie. In this recipe, vegan marshmallows are baked into a big, soft peanut butter cookie, which is topped with vegan ice cream and even more peanut butter.
Giant Fluffernutter Skillet Cookie [Vegan]
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter powder mixed with 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup vegan marshmallows
For the Garnish:
- Add melted butter, extract, mashed banana, and coconut sugar to a large bowl, and combine thoroughly, about 3 minutes. Add the peanut butter and beat until combined.
- In a large separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and just combine.
- Add the ingredients to a small skillet that's been greased and layer in marshmallows.
- Bake the cookie for 10-15 minutes, until just starting to turn golden. Let slightly cool then top with ice cream, peanut butter, and crushed peanuts
- Peanut Butter