Okay, this cake isn't actually poison – it's a perfectly lovely mint cake with chocolate frosting. But it sure does look creepy, though, because the mint liquor turns the cake an eerie shade of green. Have a slice or two ... if you dare!
Ghoulishly Green Poison Cake [Vegan]
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup peppermint liquor (make sure it's green! If not, a couple of drops of green food coloring should do the trick.)
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients for the bottom in a bowl, add wet ingredients, and whisk.
- Prepare a baking dish. You can oil it lightly.
- Pour the batter in the baking dish and put it in the oven for about 25 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to find out if the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool down.
- In a hot water bath over the stove, melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
- When the cake is cooled down, pour over the liquid chocolate and tilt until it has spread all over the cake.
- Let it cool down again and it's ready to enjoy!