This savory loaf bread is full of herby and garlicky flavor, which makes for the perfect seasonal baking project.
Garlic Herb Kale Bread [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Garlic Herb Kale Bread [Vegan]
- 3 cups organic all-purpose flour (You can also use Artisan bread flour for a more "bread-like" texture)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Almond milk (You can use your fave plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped kale, fresh (de-stemmed) or frozen
How to Prepare Garlic Herb Kale Bread [Vegan]
TO MAKE THE BREAD:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease it using vegan butter and line with parchment paper, leaving a hanging over on the sides for an easy "pull-out".
- In a bowl or measuring cup, add the milk and apple cider vinegar together, whisking until combined. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the mixture slightly thickens.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, garlic powder, basil, oregano, and thyme, whisking until combined.
- Next, add in the melted butter, minced garlic, and Almond milk-ACV mixture, stirring together using a wooden spoon or spatula until combined. NOTE: DO NOT OVER-MIX! Fold in chopped kale.
- Pour/scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan and evenly spread it out.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife that is inserted in the middle comes out clean. NOTE: Midway, I like to poke VERY SMALL holes all over the bread to allow heat to penetrate through and to ensure it cooks through so that the centers aren't uncooked.
- Once done, remove bread from oven and let it cool for 25-30 minutes before gently removing it from loaf pan to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice and enjoy!
- Bon Appetit!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.