This simple sauce of peanuts and coconut milk is draped over tender garlic broccoli creating a perfect union of savory flavors. It's one of those dishes that comes together so quickly, you may feel unsure you included all the ingredients. But worry not, it really is that easy.
Garlic Broccoli With Coco-Peanut Sauce [Vegan]
- 3 heads broccoli, chopped into florets and small stems
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2.5 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a skillet saute garlic in olive oil on medium-low heat for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add broccoli and turn heat to med-high. Saute for 3-5 minutes until broccoli is bright green and browning in some spots.
- Prepare your sauce. To a small saucepan, add all sauce ingredients. Whisk together over medium low heat until combined, thick, and bubbly.
- Spoon generously over broccoli; and rice if desired. If serving with rice noodles, toss to combine.