A twist on a classic side, these crispy sautéed brussels sprouts are bursting with flavor from popular North Indian spices, featuring garam masala!
Garam Masala Brussel Sprouts [Vegan]
- 2 cups whole frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon asofoetida (also known as hing)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat for about a minute to warm it.
- Add asofoetida, garlic powder, cumin powder, black pepper, and cayenne powder and mix spices with oil using a spatula or wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes, until spices are cooked and fragrant.
- Add brussels sprouts to pan toss with spices until everything is evenly coated.
- Sauté for about 5-7 minutes over medium heat, until sprouts are cooked through and beginning to brown. Make sure to keep stirring and tossing the sprouts continuously.
- Turn the heat down to low and add garam masala powder and sea salt. Toss with sprouts continuously for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn stove off and let sprouts sit for an additional 2-3 minutes (for a little extra char!) before serving.