I made these fudgy marshmallow brownies, aka s’mores brownies, to remind me of camping. It worked too. I was less sad after eating them. Until I ate like 6 of them. Then I felt a little bad for eating 6 brownies. I then ate a 7th to feel better again.
Fudgy Marshmallow S’mores Brownies [Vegan]
For the Brownies:
- 1 cup almond milk at room temperature or warmed to luke warm
- 2 tablespoons flax meal soaked in 4 tablespoons water for 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil warmed to a liquid state if it isn't already
- 2 tablespoons coffee (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 bag of vegan mini marshmallows (or you could use regular sized and cut them up)
For the Optional Chocolate Drizzle:
To Make the Brownies:
- Mix all wet ingredients together.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, except marshmallows.
- Mix wet and dry together.
- Pour into 9x13-inch pan. You may use a smaller pan if you like thicker brownies. Cover top of batter with marshmallows
- Press marshmallows down a little into the batter.
- Bake on 350°F for 30-40 minutes depending on oven until edges of brownies start to come away from pan. If marshmallows get too brown, cover with foil.
- The marshmallows may puff up and you may be afraid the Stay Puft marshmallow man has invaded your oven. Don't worry! Before you are terrified beyond all rational thought, remember it's all part of the fun! Oh, and they will deflate after you take them out of the oven and let them sit.
- Wait until cool to cut and eat.
To Make the Optional Drizzle:
- Place a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water on the stove. Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in bowl and stir until chocolate is melted.