In charge of appetizers? Served with a side of creamy sauce for dipping, these crispy fried olives are worthy of any spread.
Fried Olives Stuffed With Garlic [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Fried Olives Stuffed With Garlic [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 15-20 large green olives
- 2 vegan eggs (1 tablespoon ground flax, plus 3 tablespoons water, per vegan egg)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2-3 tablespoon unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
How to Prepare Fried Olives Stuffed With Garlic [Vegan]
- Slice off about 1/4 inch of the garlic bulb, to expose the cloves. Peel away the excess skin, but keep the cloves together.
- Place the cloves on a piece of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of salt to the top. Wrap the cloves in the foil.
- Roast until cloves are lightly browned and tender, about 40 minutes. The garlic is done when a center clove is easily pierced with a knife or fork. Set aside and peel the cloves when cooled.
- Place flour on a plate and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the vegan eggs, flour, and water together. Mix well and set aside.
- On a separate plate, mix bread crumbs and salt together. Set aside.
- Dry the olives with a paper towel and stuff each olive with a piece of roasted garlic. If the clove is too big, cut it in half.
- One by one, place the olives in the flour to dredge, then place the olive in the batter mixture until fully coated.
- Next, place the battered olive in the bread crumb bowl. Roll around and press, until completely covered in bread crumbs.
- Once the olives are all done, place each one again in the batter mixture, then the breadcrumbs, until they are completely covered.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Put each breaded olive in the pan, and fry evenly on all sides, until golden brown.
- When done place on a large plate with a paper towel, to absorb excess oil.
For the Ranch Dip:
- In a bowl, combine the vegan mayonnaise, salt, non-dairy milk, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, parsley, and dill. Mix with a whisk or fork until all ingredients are blended.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.