In charge of appetizers? Served with a side of creamy sauce for dipping, these crispy fried olives are worthy of any spread.
Fried Olives Stuffed With Garlic [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 15-20 large green olives
- 2 vegan eggs (1 tablespoon ground flax, plus 3 tablespoons water, per vegan egg)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2-3 tablespoon unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Slice off about 1/4 inch of the garlic bulb, to expose the cloves. Peel away the excess skin, but keep the cloves together.
- Place the cloves on a piece of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of salt to the top. Wrap the cloves in the foil.
- Roast until cloves are lightly browned and tender, about 40 minutes. The garlic is done when a center clove is easily pierced with a knife or fork. Set aside and peel the cloves when cooled.
- Place flour on a plate and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the vegan eggs, flour, and water together. Mix well and set aside.
- On a separate plate, mix bread crumbs and salt together. Set aside.
- Dry the olives with a paper towel and stuff each olive with a piece of roasted garlic. If the clove is too big, cut it in half.
- One by one, place the olives in the flour to dredge, then place the olive in the batter mixture until fully coated.
- Next, place the battered olive in the bread crumb bowl. Roll around and press, until completely covered in bread crumbs.
- Once the olives are all done, place each one again in the batter mixture, then the breadcrumbs, until they are completely covered.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Put each breaded olive in the pan, and fry evenly on all sides, until golden brown.
- When done place on a large plate with a paper towel, to absorb excess oil.
For the Ranch Dip:
- In a bowl, combine the vegan mayonnaise, salt, non-dairy milk, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon juice, parsley, and dill. Mix with a whisk or fork until all ingredients are blended.