If you love coconut, you are in luck! These coconut cookies are easy to make and take about 20 minutes from start to finish! They have a strong coconut flavor due to both the coconut flour and coconut oil. I would love to sit down with a few of these cookies and a hot mug of tea ... yum! These are tea or coffee dunkers for sure!
4-Ingredient Paleo Coconut Shortbread [Gluten-Free]
- 1 T. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla-infused bourbon
- 6 T. coconut flour
- 4 T. coconut oil, softened
- dark chocolate, for drizzling
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream the oil, bourbon, and syrup. (You can add an extra tablespoon of syrup if you need it.) Add in the coconut flour and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Using a cookie scoop, scoop and roll out the dough into 10-12 balls. Gently flatten each ball with a fork (or your palm). These cookies do not spread.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Do not remove them from the cookie sheet; allow them to cool completely first.
- I have to be honest: the chocolate makes these cookies SO much better! But, then again, chocolate does make everything better. Enjoy these cookies and their coco-nutty goodness!
Some paleo devotees do not drink booze because it is not considered paleo (you know, from the grains). I say: the amount of flavoring/booze is negligible, so GO FOR IT :-) Adapted from The Pink Sprinkle