This forbidden rice curry noodle bowl a heart yet refreshing dish make a filling lunch or a nice light dinner. Forbidden rice is another name for black rice, which as a distinctive, nutty taste that pairs so perfectly with the fiery flavors in curry. This dish uses forbidden noodles and a rich, creamy curry for the base and then supplements this amazing combination with tender shoots of broccoli, yellow onion, and a squirt of lime juice.
Forbidden Rice Curry Noodle Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Forbidden Rice Curry Noodle Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk (regular or light will both work)
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- Sliced green onion (garnish)
- Sliced red cabbage (garnish)
- 5 ounces forbidden rice ramen noodles
- 1/2 lime, juiced
How To Make Forbidden Rice Curry Noodle Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add in sliced yellow onion and sliced red pepper and sautée them for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and continue to sautée them for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once broccoli turns bright green, add 3 tablespoons of red curry paste to the vegetables.
- Pour in one can of coconut milk and stir everything to combine.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chili garlic sauce, the lime juice, and freshly minced ginger.
- Simmer this until the broccoli is tender or for 6-7 minutes.
- While the curry is cooking, put a medium sized pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Add in 5 ounces of forbidden rice noodles and turn it down to a simmer. Cook the noodles according to package (about 3-4 minutes). Drain the noodles and place the desired amount of noodles in each serving bowl.
- Pour your desired amount of red curry and vegetables over the noodles.
- Sprinkle it with chopped green onion, sliced red cabbage, and another squeeze of lime, if desired.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving (1/5 of the recipe): Calories: 340 | Carbs: 28 g | Fat: 24 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 645 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile