This forbidden rice curry noodle bowl a heart yet refreshing dish make a filling lunch or a nice light dinner. Forbidden rice is another name for black rice, which as a distinctive, nutty taste that pairs so perfectly with the fiery flavors in curry. This dish uses forbidden noodles and a rich, creamy curry for the base and then supplements this amazing combination with tender shoots of broccoli, yellow onion, and a squirt of lime juice.
Forbidden Rice Curry Noodle Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Forbidden Rice Curry Noodle Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk (regular or light will both work)
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- Sliced green onion (garnish)
- Sliced red cabbage (garnish)
- 5 ounces forbidden rice ramen noodles
- 1/2 lime, juiced
How to Prepare Forbidden Rice Curry Noodle Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add in sliced yellow onion and sliced red pepper and sautée them for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and continue to sautée them for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once broccoli turns bright green, add 3 tablespoons of red curry paste to the vegetables.
- Pour in one can of coconut milk and stir everything to combine.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chili garlic sauce, the lime juice, and freshly minced ginger.
- Simmer this until the broccoli is tender or for 6-7 minutes.
- While the curry is cooking, put a medium sized pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Add in 5 ounces of forbidden rice noodles and turn it down to a simmer. Cook the noodles according to package (about 3-4 minutes). Drain the noodles and place the desired amount of noodles in each serving bowl.
- Pour your desired amount of red curry and vegetables over the noodles.
- Sprinkle it with chopped green onion, sliced red cabbage, and another squeeze of lime, if desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving (1/5 of the recipe): Calories: 340 | Carbs: 28 g | Fat: 24 g | Protein: 3 g | Sodium: 645 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.